Friday, September 6, 2013

Free font Friday - Letterpress edition

This post was inspired by the Hatch Show Print shop. They are one of the oldest working letterpress print shops, and one of very few that are left. Their pieces have a very unique and cool look to them. If you spend much time in the south, especially Nashville, you've probably seen their signs. Heck, they are all over the airport.

I've also noticed this to be a popular trend in digital graphics, with vintage logos and letterpress-style typography everywhere. (You can find a good tutorial on how to achieve the effect here.) I've also seen this style of design all over the place at craft fairs and open-air markets. I currently have one of these signs up in my son's room. It makes me happy every time I see it.

Finally, let's just face it. I have been in love with all things vintage lately. I went to the Bella Rustica market a couple of weeks ago, and it was a wonder I didn't come home with everything. I did get a good deal on an old Coke crate and a super cute vintage apron. (I was going to blog about it, but I didn't end up taking enough pictures.)

So, without further ado, here are the fonts.



Share any of your favorites in the comments!